Life-changing advice for our children


If you haven't already, do check out Skye Gould's amazing website for a beautiful collection of lunchbox notes from her mom:

"...From 2003 to 2004 when I was 12, my mom, Stephanie Skylar, wrote me more than 100 advice notes. We called this project “Lunchbox Letters” and I kept them in a Sketcher’s shoebox. More than a decade later I decided to curate and share our story. This small window of time in my life was very significant. Shortly after I finished 6th grade, my family moved from a small town in Ohio to South Florida. Before this move, I was extremely shy; being a confident young woman was never something that came naturally to me. My mom wrote me these letters because she believed in the person that I was always meant to be. I am eternally grateful for these reminders," Skye writes.

Let this be an inspiration for you to connect with your kids in a similar way. As our little guys get older, Sung and I are more and more convinced that it's our duty as parents to let our kids know and constantly (consistently) remind them that everything is going to be OK, even if they don't necessarily believe us.

I mean, look at what Lisa McInness-Smith's mom and dad did for her! (Watch the amazing Ted talk below; it is SO uplifting!)
 

Comments