The best blueberry cake ever


This delightful blueberry cake recipe is Sung's absolute favorite and I'm so glad that I'm actually pretty good at making it. (No humility today. Haha.)

It is is our favorite because it's so moist yet crusty on top and bottom at the same time, is not too sweet, and has just the right amount of tartness.

(OK, I realize I forgot to dust the top with powdered sugar... Sorry!)

We bake it almost once a month now and even though it's perfect as it is, Sung and the boys usually warm up a slice and eat it with ice cream or this amazing whipped cream (their skinny version -- the pink tub --- is just as good).


Yum!


A little tip from me: Since I’ve baked it several times already, I got to experiment a bit... Sung likes the bottom of this cake to be a tiny more crusty(?), so I tried dusting the bottom of the baking pan with 2 1/2 t of flour (instead of 1 t) and it came out so nice! I've also used mixed berries and they're just as delectable.

Do check out Simply Recipes by Elise Bauer, it's my go-to website for everything yummy and lovely! :-)



Comments