Finding the ideal age gap between siblings


I don't know where we first heard/read it but back when Collin was around 18 months, Sung and I were so convinced that 3 years was the optimal age difference between siblings.

Now that Collin and Aaron are exactly 29 months apart and are playing so well, I forget that I used to worry so much about whether or not they'd get along.

(They do say 2-4 years is the most common age gap.)

Collin and Aaron in the fall of 2013; they were almost 5 years and 28 months, respectively
(Yes, Aaron was a gigantic baby)

If you're looking for the best way to space out your children, this good read lists a good number of pros and cons for every age considered by parents, and includes this hilarious sketch:


Yup, that was totally the scene in my household for a while until this spring.










Comments