How to roast vegetables




According to Bon Appetit, I've been roasting my veggies wrong.

Click here to find out the 6 commonly made mistakes.

My personal tips, if you would like:

I prefer not to coat the veggies with a whole lot of herbs and spices (simplicity almost always wins! :^), so I use only salt and pepper when tossing the veggies in olive oil. Well, I do like to add a splash of balsamic vinegar, because it makes a world of difference...

If you have some fresh lemons on hand, sprinkle the roasted veggies with lemon juice and also toss in some grated parmesan, as in this recipe by Jamie Oliver.

By the way, for a crispy finish, don't forget to remove the pan of veggies out of the oven as they start to look slightly charred.

(Image from Bon Appetit's roasted and charred broccoli with peanuts recipe -- it's totally amazing!)




Comments