Saturday, April 25, 2015

How to cut onions without crying




I'm always a weeping mess whenever I'm chopping or dicing onions, so you can say that I have tried all the onion-cutting tricks known to mankind. (I mean, I even own these onion goggles! Need I say more...)

Nothing really worked for me though and because I would tear up so much very single time, it was becoming quite frightening for my children. (Those poor little guys... "No, seriously, mommy is not crying right now! Mommy is OK! I know this doesn't make any sense to you right now but... It's the onions!")

And then I stumbled upon this craziest, easiest trick.

Are you ready???

Turn on your gas stove when you're handling onions.

Yup, that's all.

I actually have no clue where this idea is found on the World Wide Web so I don't know how this works exactly, but I'm pretty sure the gas somewhat diffuses the onion enzymes in the air... (OK, that is solely my own theory so do not quote me, please. ;^)


(Image from The State House File.com)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! It's so nice of you to come by!